Here's a Whitechapel vid from this year's vid show to peak your interest...
If anyone is looking for someone to share the cost of their room, I have someone who is looking for a person with space for one more. Please contact me.
* Hotel Information: There is still room in the room block, but please get your reservation in if you haven't already! I have at least one person looking for a room-share, if you are looking for a roommate, please contact me as soon as possible so I can put you in touch. Here is the information for the rooms and a link to Reservations:
Friday / Saturday night rooms are $99. If you come in on Thursday, the hotel averages the added cost across the stay raising it to $112.33 per night. Parking is included for attendees staying at the hotel. ( I received a request for an additional room to be added for Thursday night. If anyone else needs me to do that, please let me know!)
Holiday Inn at Ballston
4610 N Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
* Are You... Do You ... Fondue: We are booked at The Melting Pot for Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. The cost for the 4 course meal is $44. Please pay in advance using the paypal cart at the bottom of the programming page. http://sites.connexions-south.com/
* Panels: We are still looking for panel suggestions and for moderators. Please visit http://sites.connexions-south.com/
* Raffle Baskets: We've received several donations towards the raffle baskets being put together by the convention. We're still collecting for those so if you have something that you'd like included, please contact us. Do you want to participate in the Raffle Basket Contest? Please give us a heads up so that we can plan accordingly.
- Have you got your registration in?
- Have you booked your room?
- Have you RSVP'd to Ker that you want to go to the "Are you ... Do you ... fondue?" Dinner on Thursday night?
If you are looking for a roommate, either comment below or contact Ker so she can let you know how to contact anyone else she knows is looking.
We considered a number of options and have decided to use the portion of the proceeds of the raffle that go to charity for HIPS (http://www.hips.org/) AND we will have yarn and a limited number of round knitting looms available (for those who like to have something to do while they are listening in panels) to make hats to be given to a local hypothermia shelter in preparation for the winter.